Thursday, October 11, 2012

Friday's the 13th: The Series Ep. 22 The Pirate's Promise Review

The Pirate's Promise originally aired on June 27, 1988. This was a really weird episode, and that's saying something coming from this series. I think the fact that I directed a pirate comedy makes this episode all the weirder to me. After I finished directing it, I wanted to stay away from anything piratey for a while, but having the pirate be a vengeful murderous villain was a nice break from the comedy that we had made. Jack didn't appear in this episode again. This is the third episode he has been absent. The pirate who is centuries old swore revenge on all of his crew who mutinied against him that he would kill all of their descendents. The cursed antique is a foghorn that calls up the pirate. If the owner has killed one of the descendents of the crew, the pirate gives him pieces of his gold which are brand new. The gold has been rumored to have been buried at sea and has never been found. These pieces of gold are brand new! The big twist at the end of the episode is that the murderer was also a descendent of the crew and is killed by the pirate in one final act of vengeance. This episode was just weird. I felt nothing for it at all. If I were you, I would skip this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment