Thursday, October 18, 2012

Friday the 13th: The Series Ep. 30 Tails I Live, Heads You Die Review

Tails I Live, Heads You Die originally aired on October 17,1988. This was an extremely intense episode. I'm very surprised. Only four episodes into the second season and already two episodes have been dedicated to actual religions. This episode put a lot of emphasis on Satanism. Unlike the Voodoo episode, Satanism was solely looked at as the villain, thankfully. It got incredibly uncomfortable to view because I honestly just want nothing to do with Satanism. I don't want to go anywhere near it. The cursed antique was the Coin of Ziocles. The coin would kill one person and bring another back to life. The stakes keep on getting higher and higher as the series has progressed. Micki actually dies in this episode. She dies for a period of time and it's heartbreaking to see, but in a big twist at the end she is resurrected to life being given the blessing, or positive side of the curse. She received both ends in this episode. It always amazes me that when the stakes are so incredibly high, I care so much for the characters. This was a fantastic episode, but that doesn't mean it wasn't uncomfortable to sit through.

No comments:

Post a Comment