Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tremors: Franchise Overview

Since January I've watched everything Tremors and I am so over this series it is not even funny. The first movie didn't warrant a sequel, the second one was great, the third one was crap, the TV series was above average, and the fourth one was boring. My goodness, I can't believe how much time this year was dedicated to Tremors for me.

In all honesty, I did enjoy it for the most part, even suffering through some lame entries was fun because I've been a fan of the first one for nearly 10 years now. I had never seen the TV series before and I enjoyed the heck out of that seeing it for the first time.

I am very indebted to Michael Gross for continually coming back to this franchise, even if he was over the top and annoying at times. Fans love a loyal actor and Michael was one of the most loyal I've ever seen. He didn't appear in two TV series episodes, but that's ok. He was busy filming the fourth movie by that point in time. I am also indebted to S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock for keeping the franchise alive as long as they have and for continually sticking with it and believing in their product. Again, loyalty plays a factor.

Tremors, the entire franchise reminds me of my childhood. I do not nearly appreciate it or love it as much as I did when I was a kid, but I think the series will always hold a special place in my heart. My thanks to my readers out there who stuck with me through the entire franchise...you guys ROCK!

Next franchise review: FRIDAY THE 13TH!

No comments:

Post a Comment