Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday the 13th: The Series Ep. 71 The Tree of Life Review

The Tree of Life originally aired on May 7, 1990. I thought this was a very effective episode, but for the most part I didn't like it. It really has nothing to do with the quality or anything. I just didn't like the basic premise. The cursed antique was a Druidic fertility statue. If the husband was fed to the Druid Oak Tree as a sacrifice right before birth, the mother, who previously couldn't have children, would be able to give birth to fraternal twins. The Druid cult kept the female children. They were going to bring the little girls up in their evil ways and spread this religion full of human, specifically male, sacrifices. I just found it incredibly unpleasant to watch. I wouldn't watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment